5 Intentions You Must Have in 2020
So you don’t dare make a resolution for 2020 lest you fail to stick to it? Well, let’s try this. Why not consider what your “intentions” are for the first year of this new decade? There, that sounds less intimidating.
Now, to have a totally balanced and quality existence, it’s important that you “intend” to WIN in ALL the major aspects of your life: spiritually, physically, relationally, emotionally, and financially. So why not set at least one intention for each of these areas? I’m sharing mine and hopefully you will be inspired to move forward with yours.
- Spiritually, I want to be consistent in the disciplines of regular prayer and Bible meditation, occasional fasting, fellowshipping with like-minded believers, and church attendance.
- Physically, I’d like to lose an average of six pounds a month for the next six months (thru June 30). I will do so by following a plant based diet at least 3-4 days a week, drinking 64 oz of water daily, and exercising 30-40 min a day. I want to be as fit as a fiddle as I approach my 70th birthday.
- Relationally, I want to hold my large family together by leading our weekly conference prayer times and developing other family members to do so effectively–allowing at least one guest “leader” per month. No small task as no one wants to be the heavy and reign in long-winded talkers.
- Emotionally, I absolutely must lower my expectations of others so that my frustration level is miniscule. Most importantly, I want to forgive quicker. I still take waaaay too long to convince myself to maintain relationship with folks who have offended me. That is not God’s way! At least I’ve decided not to disconnect from them, but to limit my exposure to really toxic relatives. I will immediately pray for the offender and make a commitment to release him/her; my emotions will not drive my decision (help me, Lord!).
- Financially, I want to maximize my book sales and step up my marketing efforts. I’ll run specials each month and have quarterly giveaways as well –especially to prison libraries. I will also ask God for favor daily for maximum media exposure of my message to His people. Check out my latest Focus on the Family interview here: https://www.focusonthefamily.com/episodes/broadcast/empowering-women-to-take-control-of-their-finances/. It made the “Best of 2019” list and I spoke to approximatley 3 million people. To God be the glory!
Remember, if you can’t measure your progress, it’s unlikely to happen. So don’t just intend to “do better”, rather, pursue a specific plan. Search the Internet for pictures of what success looks like in each area; see my vision board attached.
Here’s the main thing: Get God’s plan and WRITE it down. Attach a due date to each goal; a goal without a due date is a just a WISH.
“Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.” (Habakkuk 2: 2-3 NKJV)
Okay, it’s your turn… What are your intentions?