0 0 Deborah Pegues https://confrontingissues.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/DSP_logo_website-300x138.png Deborah Pegues2017-06-21 05:09:202020-08-25 15:54:46About Your Money…
About Your Money…
I’m praying for your financial needs. Some of you do not need more money but rather WISDOM in spending and in saying “No” to others when that is the appropriate response. God gives us resources according to our ABILITY to manage. “And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability…” (Matt. 25:15).
So here are my top 5 tips for staying on top of your finances:
- Pay your tithes (10% of earnings) to your local church consistently. This is the best way to insure yourself against lack.
- Walk in complete integrity; don’t cheat, lie, or engage in other acts to gain a financial advantage. This opens the door for Satan to wreak havoc with your money—plus—it is an insult to God as it implies that He can’t provide, so you are taking matters into your own hands.
- Carefully consider your transactions; don’t be impulsive. STOP. THINK. PRAY. Be clear on WHY you are spending. If everybody in the world were blind, would you still buy that item? Or, are you buying to impress?
- IMPORTANT: If you lack technical know-how regarding an endeavor or transaction, ask somebody who has succeeded in doing it. Consider HIRING an expert for an hour (or less) of consultation: “Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” (Proverbs 23:23(KJV)). This is huge. Most people won’t invest in their dream; they want busy experts to sit down with them, tell them exactly what to do, and generally mentor them–all for a free lunch. This may happen in rare situations but usually NOT. TIP: If you do get a free opportunity to converse with such a person, get straight to the point with your specific questions. Take copious notes and don’t waste their time. And yes, pay for lunch!
- Expect favor with God and man. God gives favor to us for being in right standing with Him thru the Blood of Jesus. “Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield” Psalm 5:12 (NIV). Just ask for what you want; No isn’t fatal! Besides, if God says No, rejoice that He knows what’s best for you.
Hey, you can do this! You have a Helper…
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!